Saturday, February 4, 2012

mystifrustication

It took me all day to set this blog up, good people. I'm a bit fried as a result, but wanted to start with an initial post.  What follows is an old entry from what I call my Dementia Diary, which I have been keeping on and off for years.
  
I'm glad you stopped by, and  I'm glad I finally put this together.  I aim, as this post I hope demonstrates, to portray my ongoing experience with honesty, feeling and a bit of humor when appropriate.  Here's an example from several years ago.


"September 30 2008

Report from Planet Braom Omkiru   

...fingers on keyboard.  Right hand one letter off to the right.  “Brain Injury” becomes "Braom Omikru."

A perfect metaphor for what it is like to live with Brain Injury--signals scrambled, things don’t look right, best intentions go awry.  Mystification and frustration balled into one.  Mystifrustication.  

I’d write more but after a 13  hour day with only a one hour quiet time, I want to go to bed.   More detail next time.

sincerely,

Ms Tifrustication"

2 comments:

  1. I know your husband is much more progressed than mine yet our circumstances are so similar. As my life slowly goes down the path yours took a couple years before this point where you are now, I look to you for support. And you have always been there. Congratulations on your space here. I know it can help people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out to me. There are no words to make this any better, but if I can be of any support, I am here. This is a club none of us ever wanted to join. Good luck with your blog. I will be reading it regularly. I know that mine has been incredibly therapeutic. And now, I am so grateful to have the photographs and memories to look back on.
    I can't find your e-mail address, but mine is cheryl.sparks1@gmail.com
    Feel free to e-mail me at any time.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete